Wednesday, August 27, 2008

dining room chairs

This project involved recovering the seats of some antique dining room chairs. I thought it was going to be pretty simple but ended up being quite involved. The hardest part was tearing them apart since the owners wanted to use the original fabric. So I removed hundred of antique nails, removed nasty stuffing, re-webbed the chair bottoms, restuffed and recovered the chairs. original chair - you can't tell how horribly it caves in.stripped chair - beginning the re-webbing process.re-webbing almost done. . . some of the hundreds of antique nails removed and reused on these seats. . .after I re-webbed, re-stuffed and re-covered. . . I put on a thin backing.and - the finished product below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool stuff, I saw this site with some useful info on Dining India Hope it helps.