Wednesday, August 27, 2008

selfish projects

Sometimes I need to take a little break from creating for others and make a little creative something for us. Here are a couple of blankets I've made in recent months.
This one is made from all of my Nashville t-shirts. If you look closely you'll see Jacks BBQ, Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, Tin Pan South, Fan Fair and the Marathon among others. The pieces between are made out of old blue jeans and Titans fabric.The blanket below is one I made for Joseph (although I really love how soft it is and find myself snuggling with it in the evenings). The fabrics were all remnants I had at the house already. Muslin, blue jeans, seersucker, t-shirts, Titans fabric and flannel. I did have to buy the batting and the flannel for the backing. I also did a little monogramming on a couple of the pieces. And instead of quilting, I knotted blue yarn through all the layers to make it a little more whimsical.

No comments: