Thursday, August 28, 2008

organization

I love to be organized. I usually don't have a problem with this professionally but things at home are not always as organized as I'd like them to be. So I've taken a couple of steps to treat homemaking a little more like I treat my professional interests. The first is a binder that is broken down by months with places for grocery lists, household tasks (daily, weekly, monthly) and more.

The second step was to organized the many (many, many) magazines I had laying around the house. I never wanted to throw them away because there were so many great recipes, decorating ideas, etc. But how would I ever know which idea was where? So a couple of months ago when Christopher was out of town, I bought a file box and folders and went to work.
I went through every magazine and pulled out every page that was of interest. Then I sorted and filed into categories (i.e. recipes, holidays, decorating ideas, playrooms, kitchens, etc.). As I was doing this I discovered so many recipes I had already forgotten about and I'm looking forward to adding some great new items to our menu this year.

No comments: