Thursday, September 25, 2008

I gave in to peer pressure

Actually there was no pressure - more like mild curiosity on my part. I saw this on Sarah's blog and then on Christine's. I'm pretty sure that mine will be far from accurate since I share music with Christopher. Or, more accurately, he shares with me . . . and has the majority.

So, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc.)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool


Opening Credits: "The Bridge" - Kathy Mattea. . . . . hmmmmm. . . . ?

Waking Up: "I Want You" - Elvis Costello. . . . . does it refer to coffee?

First Day At School: So - this actually ended up being a sermon on "Hiddenness" by Tim Keller.

Falling In Love: "Sour Girl" - Stone Temple Pilots . . . yikes!

Fight Song: "Sometimes" - The Psychedelic Furs . . . (btw - how many of these are Christopher's do you think?)

Breaking Up: "New Sensation" - INXS . . . . interesting. . .

Prom: "A Murder of One" - Counting Crows. . . . this must be why I never went to Prom.

Life's OK: "One Little Victory" - RUSH

Mental Breakdown: "It's Still Rock & Roll to Me" - Billy Joel

Driving: "How Great Our Joy" - Point of Grace . . . somehow, I don't think so.

Flashback: "Big Fat Money" - Van Halen

Getting Back Together: "Sweet Meat" - The Soup Dragons. . . . . um, yah. . .

Wedding: "Moon Over Bourbon Street" - Sting . . . . it was more like "Bridge over the cumberland river"

Birth of Child: "A Better Idea" - Diamond Rio. . . actually somewhat appropriate since it's about God creating man.

Final Battle: "Lessons" - RUSH . . . . and I'm actually surprise RUSH has only come up twice. . .

Death Scene: "She Talks to Angels" - Black Crowes . . . . . weird.

Funeral Song: "It's Probably Me" - Sting

End Credits: "How Could You Want Him" - Spin Doctors. geez.


So - now I'm thinking that maybe I better just do this with my playlist on the Ipod. Stay tuned for try #2.

No comments: