Wednesday, September 10, 2008

knitting

I mentioned to my Nanny-in-law earlier this year that I'd like to learn to knit. So for Mother's Day she set me up with a pair of her old needles and her original "learn to knit" booklet. I started with a scarf. Rest assured that none of you are ever going to see it. Then I looked up a pattern for hats on the WWW and here are matching daddy & Joseph hats. I would love to say that they turned out perfectly first time around . . . but believe me. . . there was much tearing out and gnashing of teeth. Nanny - I still don't want you to look to closely. I have it on good authority that you can spot a dropped stitch from across the room.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I'm such a knitter and crocheter now! Karin started my obsession last November and I can't stop.

I love to knit hats. Have you been on Ravelry?